Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Veterans day



Happy Veterans day to Hyrum and all the other men and women who have served our country.
Hyrum served in the 173rd Airborne unit with some of his closest friends. He jumped out of airplanes made sure his "buddies" were safe and looked super handsome and tough while doing it. I'm so proud of him and how well he has done! He has shared so many fun army stories, they are my favorite to hear! He's not showered for months and has eaten some questionable goats while in Afghanistan.
He has seen so many amazing places while serving. He traveled from Georgia to Germany, Italy, Austria, France, Kuwait, Ireland, Turkey, Kirghistan (IF that's how you spell it ) you name it, he's been there!
Hyrum has been able to use the skills he learned through the military to teach me some handy things.
After he got out of the army he joined the Army national guard in Utah. Although the guard wasn't nearly as exciting as the army he still put in his time and service.
I love my husband and I'm grateful for all the hard work he has put towards protecting me, our country and others. I am so proud of him, and I'm grateful for our veterans.

6 comments:

Marin said...

WOW that is so neat, all those places!!! Makes me want to travel. WAY TO serve our country and be sooo BRAVE!!!!

Louise said...

Hooah! I got kudos from my co-workers today for the Spc. Hyrum Wilson photos. So proud...What's more hardcore than Airborne? Nothing.

Em said...

LOVE YA HJ! THANK YOU!

AJordan said...

Jack: That's Hyrum in the Army?! SWEET! Bricky, Look!
Bricky: Awesome Dude!

AJordan said...

Jack: Hyrum, Did you drive an army tank?
Bricky: Hyrum is the strongest man in the World

Ralph and Claudia said...

We thank the Lord for good men and women who protect the borders of peace and freedom and oppose tyranny and oppression. Hyrum is a special man.

PS And he showed us how smart he is when he married Margaret!