Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Weekend for Mary



Last week my family got together in Bakersfield, CA to remember my Aunt Mary, my dads sister, who had passed away the week before. Mary had a huge impact on my life. Although I didn't talk to her or visit her as much as I could have, she has a way to leave a mark on peoples lives and it's hard to forget those moments she shares with you. I can't wait to get to know her even more when we all see her again:)
The funeral was amazing. It's comforting to know that our families are sealed together so this is not the end. My dad and his siblings shared memories with all of us that were so fun to hear. I love that about my dad and his siblings, when things could be hard and blue they give us a little humor and happiness to make things seem so much better. Louise, Laura, Anna, Jeff and I sang a song my dad chose called What Is This Thing Men Call Death written by Pres. Hinkley and was also sung at his funeral by the MOTAB. Its an amazing song, promise me you'll google it and take a gander at the lyrics...amazing!
Afterwards the family got together for some lunch and picture taking. IT WAS SO FUN! Now-a-days its not very often when I get to see cousins, aunts and uncles. Ihave such a FUN family! Not to mention the after party posse that journeyed to Dewars to get a little Chocolate Soda Ice milk crazy:)
Anywho, the point of this blog is to express my gratitude for Mary and her great example, for the knowledge we have about eternal happiness (and what is happiness if your not with your awesome family FOREVER), and last but not least...my gratitude for 2 trips to Dewars in my 2 day visit:)

3 comments:

The Harrisons said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. I think my mom saw something in the newspaper last week and told me. She would like your family's address so she could send them something. Could you email that to me? Thanks.

Whitney said...

It was a wonderful funeral. I was obviously so exhausted that I couldn't stay awake for a picture.

ellen said...

Dewars? You took me right back to Bakersfield in two seconds flat. It sounds like you had a nice family gathering.