Wednesday, July 22, 2009

GUNNER



We got a new dog! Ozzie has a big yard to play in, and nobody to share it with so the time has come for a new puppers.
Gunner is the cutey-pa-tooties name and he is a Chesapeake bay retriever. He will be Hyrums perfect little hunting companion. He is a dog with webbed paws which means it will be so fun to take him to the lake. He's a big dog which will provide security (I know your thinking, " you folks live in Idaho why would you need security??" well, we could be the one in a million:))for me while Hyrum is working. Hyrum works so hard so he just deserves a new dog:) Its only day 2 that we have had him and he's already done a few puppy things. The first night we made an attempt to have him sleep in his kennel cause we WILL NOT let the dogs sleep in bed with us and Gunner wouldn't have any of the kennel business so Hyrum fell asleep on the floor with him. Then Gunner would whine and Hyrum would take him out in the middle of the night. He was a good dog and didnt go potty on the carpet at night (just on the linoleum) in the bathroom). He has spent most of his day outside, but comes in when it's to hot for anyone or anything to be outside. He LOVES sleeping in the cool house. He will be going to obedience school at the end of Aug and I am looking forward to that! Ozzie is already annoyed with the puppy business but he'll walk that off and love Gunner. I wont have a house that smells like dog so we are working hard at keeping everything looking pet free. We'll keep you updated and post better pictures soon!

10 comments:

The Harrisons said...

He is adorable!! You are so lucky that your husband loves dogs as much as you do. Unfortunately, I wasn't as lucky. I can't wait to see more pics!

Em said...

Such a cute puppy. We can't wait till we have a yard so we can get a puppy- somthing to keep the kids busy and tire them out!

Unknown said...

Oh my cute! Okay since everyone is getting or already has puppies that means I'm next. Yes!! Seriously adorable!

Louise said...

i can't even handle how cute he is.

Ralph and Claudia said...

If I were a guy who just got MY guy's dog, and I were a guy who named my guy's dog "GUNNER," I don't think I would want people to call him "adorable," "cute," and "can't even handle how cute he is." So let me just say, "Way to get an awesome man-eater, Hyrum. Dude,I'm shakin' in my flip-flops just lookin' at him!"

steveandjonelle said...

I want a dog!

Louise said...

just had the best idea EVER! how's about you bring gunner out here to the chesapeake bay so he can do a family history tour and get back to his roots??!!

Unknown said...

Is it mere coincidence that the word verification for this post about Gunther is "tamerip"? Hmmmm.

AJordan said...

THank-you for calling beck Noni. I love that. And I wouldn't exactly call it a tanktop, by the way, its a sleeveless shirt. :) We miss you guys. The boys can't wait to play with Gunner.

Mary said...

hey.. where the HECK are your pictures of the house?? huh??? I seem to remember you saying there would be some on here.. but I ain't seen none!